Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Janedoeissad
      Participant

I may have felt this way before I got with my Ex but these days, if someone comes to me with what I call unnecessary drama. I get irritated. If someone starts moaning incessantly to me about a letter they got in the post about a car parking ticket which costs less than thirty pounds. I just think “either pay it or appeal it”, I do not understand why they are making a mountain out of a mole hill about something so trivial. I also think about how much they could have achieved if they used the time they were moaning to resolve the issue.

I find there is a lot of “noise” in the house I am in at the minute. A lot of people creating drama about things which do not need it.

Mind you I just think I am so happy to be out of that relationship that anything which happens to me can be dealt with and it will never be as bad as dealing with him. So maybe I have just had an epiphany they haven’t!

Starsindarkness
      Participant

Ahh this is me. I didn’t used to be like this but now I just have no patience for people’s little problems in life. I don’t want to be like this but I can’t help it. Probably because it’s still early days of getting out for me. I’m just so bitter. People go on and on about these trivial problems and I just sit there like i blooming wish they was the biggest of my problems. Like my sister accidentally burst her car tyre the other week and just like burst out crying and was going on and on. I literally lost my head I was like that is a car it can be sorted in like a day. My ex trashed my car and caused thousands pounds worth of damage and I didn’t even shed a tear at that because that hurt the least out of all the things he had done to me. I hate being like this but I can’t help it, hopefully it will get better as I start to move on and feel happier in myself. You’re not alone don’t worry I am the same x

Starsindarkness
      Participant

& I have definitely had that epiphany! I will sort anything out as long as me and my son are healthy and safe nothing else has the merit to make me upset after what I’ve been through

Copperflame
      Participant

I feel the same. I have a friend who is in the process of leaving her abuser. Can’t put much detail but professionals have been involved and much help and advice offered. I myself have bent over backwards to offer support but she won’t listen to anyone. I’ve had two abusive relationships myself so I know from my own experience how hard it is to leave. I know I should feel compassion but instead I feel annoyed and frustrated. One of the things that kept me stuck was anxiety about money; it was a fear I kept hidden, but at the time it was a major issue (somehow the money situation sorted itself out once I left). In the end my mental health became so bad that I knew I had to get out.

In my head I understand her situation but emotionally I feel triggered, angry and frustrated at the constant drama and crises. My entire upbringing in my dysfunctional family was constant drama and my abusers were always creating drama of some sort, and I just don’t want any more drama in my life. Yet I feel guilty for feeling this way. Xx

Janedoeissad
      Participant

I’m a hypocrite really.

I get angry at people’s silly little problems but I’m currently quietly having a meltdown as my pet is ill. He’ll probably be fine but I’m worried sick.

I escaped with them both thinking I’d be keeping them safe when I’ve just moved them somewhere that stresses them more with another pet that has injured mine. And I’ve got nowhere else to go.

This is such a silly thing but I’ve had these pets for over a decade. They’ve been my one constant. My little buddies.

So I’ve realised I’m a hipocrite

teatime
      Participant

I totally recognise this. I cannot bear fuss about ‘she said this’ or who did what. I hate drama. I think GET ON WITH IT and stop moaning about trivia.
      PS i am really really sorry about your pets, that is not trivial x

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

Yes I am the same. I have always had a bit of an intolerant streak for b******t but it is magnified now. Once you realised you’ve been duped, deceived, lied to and cheated on I think it toughens you up and you just think ‘nope’ to a lot of things and I don’t think that is a bad thing, I have found it quite liberating in many ways although it doesn’t help me make any friends.

I have found that often the most fortunate people, for whatever reason, are also the most likely ones to be moaning about petty things. I have a ‘friend’ who is slim, attractive, in her dream job, has a nice partner with their own place and no real problems yet she is one of the most negative ungrateful people I’ve ever met.

This week in my ‘new job’ (which I have now quit I hated it so much) I had staff members complain to me that if they moved elsewhere they wouldn’t be able to get the super high salary and conditions they get now. They were saying this to me, a minimum wage agency worker. It felt like such an insult. They were also trying to involve me in their drama criticising their colleagues behind their backs – really catty. I just thought ‘hell no.’ They were all also going on about their husbands, partners etc and I just wanted to say ‘I hope you realise how incredibly lucky you are, try having a psychopath for a boyfriend who was possibly planning on killing you.’

I find it virtually impossible to be around overprivileged, ungrateful, snooty people now and I can only see that as a good thing. It is very hard to be around people who have everything and who are moaning about how they only get to have 4 holidays this year rather than 5 when you are living on benefits, single with ptsd.

I don’t think your pets being ill is trivial, my cat has kept me going through my darkest days. I hope they get better soon and you can get your own safe haven sorted out.

Janedoeissad
      Participant

Thanks for all your responses. My pet is at 100% health again. So I am very happy about that.

I’ve started to channel my anger about this a bit. So the other day someone was moaning about their situation and instead of screaming at them to get a grip, I refocused my anger to make it sound like I was really mad for them. I find I feel relieved as I have vented my anger without causing an argument.

I also feel like I have so many of my own unresolved issues at the moment that maybe I am jealous that this person has small issues compared to mine. They are not sleeping on a sofa in an overcrowded house after leaving an abusive partner. So maybe I am a bit jealous of their small problems.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content