• This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Lyng.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Missssy
      Participant

I have been feeling so guilty lately. I told lies to my abuser during our relationship, well I kept things from him. Things such as talking to his mother about what he was doing (behind his back), I didn’t tell him a social worker was involved with me because I thought I would be blamed punished for it. I didn’t tell him I had told anyone about what he was doing to me. I went and met my friends when I removed myself for him from a few days due to his abuse and had said I had just been at home or ‘sleeping’ all day.

I am also so worried about what personal stuff I may have revealed in a police video interview I did which he is going to be able to watch. I don’t want to make this person hate me. What have I done?? I am always blaming myself for the abuse and now for the way I handled things. Any opinions would be gratefully received xx

Does this mean I was a bad partner to him?

starchild
      Participant

no your not bad …
      we have all had and have coping mechanisms in order to manage the difficult times

Nova
      Participant

Hang on…your not ‘bad’ at all….tell him what you like its because you needed to protect yourself hun.

no doubt you were a great partner…makes no difference, remember…he is the reason you had to make the police video, he is the reason you had to escape. You are not to blame for his actions, not at all no way, no excuses for abuse none.

come on, your worth more than all this doubting.

hugs Cx

Lyng
      Participant

I know it’s hard. But try not to feel guilty. You did what you had to do. You can’t be a bad partner to a man who never treated you like a partner in the first place. I did things I would not have dreamed of doing with an equal partner who wasn’t lying, cheating, and abusive. His vows to me were a lie. Therefore, whatever I had to do to get out of those vows was okay.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content