Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

so after I asked him to leave, he’s back
      Once again. He wormed his way back in with fake tears and empty promises. He hasn’t kicked off as yet but I know it’s only a matter of time cause he can’t control himself. I knew this would happen so as planned I continued with my escape plan to do a planned move with the help of womens aid and my housing association. I had an appointment there this morning with the person in charge of the housing. Womens aid have told me a refuge is the best and safest option and the housing officer reinforced that this morning. She admitted she could easily re house me and my daughter and would happily do so but in her heart of hearts she felt the safest thing for us would be to go into a refuge. It was the last thing I wanted to do as I’m scared and I don’t know what the refuge will be like but I see now it’s the safest thing for us. If I was to get re housed there’s nothing to say he wouldn’t find out where and turn up to cause trouble and I would be on my own with a small child with no family and very few friends to support me. From what I’ve been told a refuge can offer all the support so I’m not having to do this on my own. I don’t want to leave my home, my things, my work and my friends but I know I’ll have to soon. I wish I had more time with the people I care about here. I wish I could stop the clock

KIP.
      Participant

Hey you’re doing the right thing. Think of refuge as a stepping stone to your own place. With a helping hand along the way.

endoftherainbow
      Participant

I agree with Kip, its a stepping stone to better things. I found Refuge quite difficult in many ways and also amazing!! Its not easy but there is a lot of support and help. I was rehoused and given help to furnish it, and I’m on the road to my ‘end of rainbow’ good luck, stay strong xxxx

Thanks guys. I know that things will be hard in a refuge. I’m scared, what if the people there are not nice, what if my daughter doesn’t settle, what if I’m there for months and months. I guess I can’t let these things hold me back.

endoftherainbow
        Participant

I won’t lie to you, living in as refuge is not easy, and I was in there for months and months. But, kids are resilient and soon adapt, and even when things were hard it was better than being at home. I had bad days when I missed my house and just wanted to go home, he would message me about how everything would be different if I just came back. But other days were great. It wasn’t my first time in a refuge, sadly iv been in a few, and gone back home. Nothing ever changed, the last time I left, I stayed away, ignored all the sweet talk and promises, and the threats. I now have my own place, I have a restarasing order, so no contact, and I’m on my way to a better life. You say that Refuge will be hard, the life your living now is hard, but good times are just around the corner, I wish you good luck and the strength to carry on xxxxx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content