Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Eve1
      Participant

Yesterday a nurse who was great. I went to say, look I really don’t think I can take these antidepressants, but after talking to her I decided I would take 10mg. But today I had physical things to do and so decided not to start. Result, palpitations and can’t get my breath all day. So, def starting 10mg tomorrow. Been ringing Samaritans like mad this week, for someone to talk to. But can’t carry on like thatso meds it is.
      So cheesed off with myself. Why couldn’t my life have been normal??? They very away with such s lot, these men. And I couldn’t fight for my future security, so now I have none. Id @#%%%& well fight now.

Eve
      x

Eve1
      Participant

Should say ‘saw a nurse’ and ‘get away’ not very away

Ayanna
      Participant

I am very much into herbal medicine. I learnt that prolonged stress reduces dopamine levels, which causes depression. I have all kinds of funny symptoms. I am very convinced that my cortisol and dopamine levels are low and depleted. No surprise after what I have been through. I started taking rhodiola root. I give it a few weeks to judge whether I can see results.

godschild
      Participant

Herbal medicine is very good, When under strss you can get adrenal fatigue, google it your cortisol levels do get low and can make you feel awful. I have taken seroxat anitdepressant for many years,it was horrible to begin with getting used to it, but it did help in the end. some people get side effects some don’t, but there are many alternatives out there like Ayanna says. Magnesium supplements are very good for palpitations and b vitamins especially pantothenic acid and also high vitamin c when under stress, only problem is they can be expensive, if yu are struggling money wise xx

Eve1
      Participant

Thank you. I often used to take vitamins and I’ve thought of of it recently. I may even have done still in date in my cupboard. Ironically the job I just left was connected with (detail removed by Moderator)! The bids want interested in me knowing anything about them. As I said before she just wanted a robot. But they did tend to be expensive. But I hope it works for you Ayanna. Let us know. It’s s shame we can’t get alternative methods on the NHS. I will probably take the antidepressants again, maybe with vitamin supplements too.
      Thank you ladies
      x*x

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi Eve1

Hope things are improving, think you need the meds for the moment, but healthy eating helps me. I crave coke (the drink) and chocolate when down, but it only makes it better for the moment, have taken then out of my diet and I am much better (it was awful at first).

You have been through so much its going take a while to get strong again.

FS xx

Eve1
      Participant

I think you’re right FS. Today I’ve taken a proper dose and I know it sounds silly but compared to yesterday I feel much better. I hope this calmness stays.
      Eve
      x

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content