Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Bubblegum
      Participant

Hello ladies .Have not been on here for a long time but something triggered me today and I really could do with some advice .Have not seen my Ex past few years we have two children together which he does not see .Child maintenance is very hit miss as expected it’s got to a point where child maintenance he owes quite a bit child maintenance (detail removed by moderator) and been told they are going to send bailiffs to his house .My life and my children’s is now peaceful the thought of bailiffs going to my ex home he really not going happy even after all years passed I’m still worried what he could do .My only other option is when my youngest gets age where I need to give him share of house what he owes from the child maintenance I can take it off what I owe him .Even my oldest child told me to hang on as they don’t want there younger sibling experience a
      Any upsetting behaviour from ex .

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Bubblegum

I just wanted to show you some support, I’m glad you came back to the forum for advice.

This must be so difficult for you, I understand that you don’t want things to escalate.

It may be helpful to get some legal advice so you can see what all of your options are. Rights of Women are a voluntary organisation offering free, confidential legal advice on matters including finances, children and child contact issues: http://www.rightsofwomen.org.uk

The Coram Children’s Legal Centre provide free legal resources with advice and information on all aspects of family, child and education law, including relationship breakdown; parental disputes, duties of children’s services; child protection. They can be contacted on 0300 330 5480 (8am-6pm, Mon-Fri): http://childlawadvice.org.uk/

Gingerbread also have some helpful information on their website about child maintenance: https://www.gingerbread.org.uk/information/child-maintenance/

Take care, and keep posting to let us know how you are,

Lisa

Hazlenut
      Participant

Hey

My ex partner kept avoiding and arguing with the child maintenance service, he didn’t pay anything and built up arrears. I decided to close the case rather than allow the arguing to continue via the child maintenance service. I opened the case to avoid conflict, but they always find a way.
      Things are tight, but the kids have what they need. Plus, it’s another tie that has been cut, which is important for my mental health.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content