Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      maddog
      Participant

Can anyone tell me about their experiences with MARAC? I was told today that I’ve been put on one and I really don’t know what to expect, or what happens next. I know the children are a prime concern.

Purplewoman
      Participant

Hello. It’s a risk assessment. A group of people like police and other agencies have a meeting. They look at info you have provided from GP or Domestic violence worker. They will do safety planning and make sure it’s in place.

If you need to access legal advice it can help to have a letter. I had one when I went to Dr regarding abusive ex-husband.

I was classified as having a high risk of domestic violence.

Don’t worry it’s there to help you.

maddog
      Participant

The WA representative told me I’d been referred but wasn’t sure who by. I think it was a police officer I met who went through the DASH form with me. WA rep said it was a good thing. Thank you for responding.

maddog
      Participant

I am really struggling with the sexual side of the relationship and ideas of consent. My husband communicated his desire for sex through genital contact. He told me he wouldn’t ever hurt me and it was his way of showing affection. I wanted to believe him and I wanted to please him. I had never experienced this before so I went along with it until I didn’t. Cue major row. Quite early on in our relationship I asked him if he thought he had ever raped his wife as the things he had told me and the way he treated me suggested that consent wasn’t really part of his vocabulary. He was never insistent on having sex and never shoved his way in anyway. It was the prodding and the poking and the fiddling with my genitals that got me. The prodding and poking amounted to going through the door but not through the house. I often felt that he was doing sex at me. Not always, but often. Whenever I brought up the subject he defended himself to the hilt. I told him I felt like a Thing, like a prostitute, like a sex toy at different points. The last time he groped me was nearly (detail removed by moderator)  and I told him firmly I didn’t like being groped. He was furious and told me he’d never touch me again.
      My requests for separation or divorce were met by him with derision.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content