Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Ayanna
      Participant

Has anyone ever received justice after escaping from marital rape?
      Or has anyone ever received the right therapy after becoming a victim of marital rape?
      Marital rape has a lasting and very negative impact on my life.
      But the available services are so helpless and also unavailable.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hello Ayanna,

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve not felt helped by the services you’ve approached regarding your experience.

I’m wondering if the Counselling Directory might be a good resource to look at. It lists therapists in your local area and you can filter by ‘what’s worrying you’, to find someone with specific experience with that subject matter. You can also meet several counsellors in order to find someone who you feel is right for you and what you’re bringing to therapy.

Lots of counsellors also offer concession rates if needed.

There’s also Rape Crisis who offer support to those affected by sexual abuse, but I imagine you are aware of them already.

Take care and keep posting,
      Lisa

liftingthefog
      Participant

Ayanna,
      I am so sorry to read of your experience.
      Yes I have experienced the same, along with other sexual abuse. When someone you love treats you like this the feelings of abuse of trust are complex and far reaching. I too have been struggling for a long time to come to terms with them. Do you have an ISVA? If you do they should be able to point you in the right direction for some help.
      As for the judicial system, it’s too early for me to pass comment and would be inappropriate at the moment for me to say. Have you considered reporting to the police? If so you should receive help from the various agencies and be appointed an ISVS who will guide you through the process, which in itself is a difficult one particularly when the abuse has been perpetrated by someone you loved.
      Keep safe and sending you my best wishes in your road to recovery.
      Xx

liftingthefog
      Participant

Sorry ISVA (Independent Sexual Violence Advisor)

dancingdaisy
      Participant

Hi Ayanna, sorry you’ve experienced this too. I’m being supported by a local rape and sexual assault charity, is there something like this near you? As far as justice in terms of court, I’ve been told it’s still very hard to prove within a marriage. Am trying to focus on healing myself, hope you can find someone to help you with this too. xx

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content