Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Thisisme
      Participant

He wanted to pay towards my daughter even though they aren’t blood related and he wanted to pay off other things too. I said ok although it made me uncomfortable – today, after being separated for such a short time he used the money against me and my daughter. Financially I am not well off at all and if I’m honest his money helps but at what cost? He made me feel small and horrible when he said that he cares because he pays and that he should be able to do certain things because of this money which would mean my daughter would miss out. I told him to shove his f*****g money. I may be financially uncomfortable but its liveable, just and when I pay off all of the debt he’s left me in I will feel proud knowing I’ve done it myself. I don’t need his f*****g manipulative money to keep a hold on me for the next god knows how many years. I’ve got this.

White Rose
      Participant

Good for you!
      Loving your independence.
      Love to you and your daughter x*x

KIP.
      Participant

Hey there, I recently linked the word ‘obligated’ to my abuser. He would do something nice and over the top but would then throw it back in my face when things weren’t going his way. Making me feel obligated. It’s just another manipulative tactic. Be careful though because mine became violent when this tactic failed to work anymore. No contact with him is what I’d always advise. No contact means no mind games X

Falling Skys
      Participant

I know if will be harder financially but he won’t be able to control and manipulate you.

So proud you had the strength to tell to shove it.

FS xx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content