Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I rang my dv lady and told her what he did yesterday, one of my children is involved, and I told her too what happened regarding something else.
      I told her I hope my honesty will not backfire on me. She is going to report to the social worker what I said about one of the two things I described.

I am up to here with it all. My friends said don’t report it, but I did, surely I have enough common sense to see what he did is simply not right! I am not inventing anything, even a third party was involved!

I cried in front of a friend who had come to get something from me, I told her I had had enough, she said that since coming back from the refuge he knows I am regaining control and he is upping the abuse, right down to trying to make me responsible for what happens to him. I find him despicable, low minded, and irresponsible, full of self pity and totally unfair.

My dv worker said that the social worker didn’t say all bad things about me. He apparently said that my children are so nice it has got to come from something…

Yeah! Years of dedication, sacrifice, hard work and consistency, total sacrifice of years of my life, while this man tried to counteract every value I tried to teach them…

Are they beginning to get it?????? It has been a year of utter rubbish, being judged (detail removed by moderator), incompetent and badly informed…scratching the surface, listening to what they want and judging a mother who suffered decades of abuse. Is what happened going to make some sense for once as to what I have been trying to demonstrate for months so far????

If there is one karma I want to see happening, it is for the truth to come out! In its full glory!

Serenity
      Participant

Hi Bridget,

I have no doubt at all that you brought them up with good values.

What happens with abuse is, we become wrecks.

Then, we appear to SS and Cafcass etc as the unstable ones.

This is why I have long supported my excellent DV worker’s advice: even if you are a wreck inside, act calm to the authorities. You don’t want them believing his projections.

Sound off to us here, friends etc…

Xx

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content