Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      citrine
      Participant

Hi

I’m currently receiving counselling to enable me the courage to leave my abusive partner. My counsellor has suggested I meet women whom have been in:are in abusive relationships, so that I have a support and a network of friends.

Does anyone know of such groups I’m in the (removed by moderator) area.
      Thank you.

Serenity
      Participant

Hi Citrine,

Women’s Aid directed me to local DV services, who told me about local support groups.

You could look up ‘Freedom Groups’ on the Internet. They have a list of things happening in different areas.

These include structured, 14/16 week courses which equip you to recognise abuse, as well as coffee groups and drop-ins.

X

godschild
      Participant

Hi Citrine, Coming on here will help you as well, reading other ladies experiences and posting your own, its really helpful

Ayanna
      Participant

The Freedom Programme

Confused123
      Participant

Hi Hun

I would suggest a freeedom program, i never went into a refugee but i have a support worker who i approached for support from a refugee and she is always letting me know of workshops to support me , i always meet lovely ladies there who have experienced similar, plus u will find as u put posts on here u will make loads of friends

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content