Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Happyskies
      Participant

Hi everyone,

As always, thanks for your support and advice. It’s over (detail removed by Moderator) years ago now and I’m in a safe and nice life.

I’m doing much better after EMDR for PTSD.

However, I’m really struggling with my memory and my intelligence. I’m really so much more stupid than before! I struggle to remember things, work things out, and i know i was more intelligent before. It’s really distressing and a constant reminder. Fi used to be really proud of my intelligence. I wonder, after some online searching, whether i have tbi.

Does anyone know if there’s something I can do to work on my memory levels and how to develop my intelligence?

KIP.
      Participant

This is happening to me too. It’s been several years and in the beginning it was huge gaps in my memory of the abuse. Then slowly I began piecing the lost memories together but now I find I can’t concentrate to read a book and my memory is so poor. I do believe it’s the trauma that’s caused it and I’m thinking of seeing my therapist again for advice. At first I thought I had dementia but the GP assured me it was trauma and assumed it would get better which it did initially but I seemed to have reached a plateau.

KIP.
      Participant

Stress makes it a lot worse so I do mindfulness x

Happyskies
      Participant

Thanks both. Yes, it’s worse when I’m stressed. If i find any info on how to improve it I’ll post it here.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content