Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      LittleFirefly
      Participant

It’s almost laughable.. I knew after finding you guys and telling you my story in my thread ‘ emotionally drained’that I was on borrowed time before his next gas lighting antics. So he invited me round tonight and we comfortably were having a laugh and a normal conversation. Now usually i dont tell him anything about my personal life because he always has an opinion on it no matter what it is that always reverts back to how I am as a person honestly it could be anything like, i dont know ‘ my dog decided to poop on the carpet today’s’ example only by the way, he would say well that’s probably because it’s your dog and your craziness makes him uneasy. He lured me into this happy false environment where I stupidly opened up about a member of my family and thier partner. Well… it turned into a big row on how I am just the same and I need help because I lose my head everytime he says something I dont agree with. Honestly I was so confused with the whole fairy uproar that I have gone to bed to message you guys.. it’s been a matter of days. He said do u really love me.. now I know this was a set up for him to pick at anything that came out my mouth so i simply said yes. He then proceeded to have a go at me for my lack of explanation.. I just cant win.. I said do you love me.. he replied I have to to put up with all your s**t. I am taking advice from my recent research and not feeding him as it is a losing battle.

LittleFirefly
      Participant

The messages part is all love bombing and perfect like a fairy tail. I see right through them where as before it made my heart melt. He has had alot to drink tonight and that doesnt help. I’m just glad I got out the way before it all went up in flames

Wibbles
      Participant

What an absolute arse! Demanding you say you love him when he won’t reciprocate is s****y. My husband did this in the early of our relationship and I don’t think he ever actually said “I love you” to me after 2 decades together.
      If I disagree with his opinion then I am mad/mental or an idiot. I got to the stage where I never made decisions or responded to his posts through fear of reprisals.

LittleFirefly
      Participant

He was just looking for a fight. I could see it a mile off. I’m more prepared now. I won tonight. That never happens.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content