Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Butterflyblue
      Participant

Just looking for advice….

Since leaving in (detail removed by moderator), I’ve had on and off problems with tyres being slashed etc and also on a number of occasions being locked in my home and then being reported to police for various counter allegations. Anyway….after a few emails, the last one being (detail removed by moderator), it’s gone quiet. I thought he’s actually gone, found someone new and left us alone. It was our daughters  (detail removed by moderator) birthday (detail removed by moderator) and I thought I would hear from him albeit in a negative way maybe, but nothing.
      (Detail removed by moderator) was (detail removed by moderator), and his mum text asking for a few (detail removed by moderator) that were left of his at mine, she felt it might cheer him up!?
      I agreed but when I handed them over at the door I asked if she was sure this wouldn’t stir things up and she agreed that she wouldn’t give them to him and that he didn’t know.

(Detail removed by moderator) there are deep scratches in my front door. He’s done this before at the beginning. It’s all pretty obscure though and I live (detail removed by moderator)  so could essentially be anyone. However I know it’s him.

My question is…are their birthdays sometimes a trigger for them!? I thought it would have been our daughters birthday if anything. Is it all starting again!? 😢

EbonyRaven
      Participant

Hi, my ex always got worse with the abuse around his own birthday, for weeks. I have no idea why as he’d give loads of different excuses but it just felt as if he thought he wouldn’t get enough attention on ‘his’ day so he’d ramp everything up in order to get more, and make others miserable to make himself feel better.

Can you get some sort of cctv set up around your door? It might put him off, or at the very least you’d have video evidence so you can report him to the police and evidence to get a non-molestation order with power of arrest so that he’s not allowed to come within a certain distance of your home, and if he does he will be arrested and charged.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content