Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      groovyleopard
      Participant

Hi all,

(detail removed by Moderator) weeks ago me and my partner had a row and we haven’t spoken since. I have been getting on with it, and have kept myself busy. However the past few days I have had the worst anxiety and have not been able to sleep. I feel like I am making myself ill.

Part of me wants to speak to him, so I can understand whats going on. The anxiety of even sending the text message has me on edge.

I just don’t know what to do, I hate this feeling!

Mellow
      Blocked

If the row was something you were passionate about don’t give in because they will think whatever they did was acceptable and think all is ok again which does havoc to your brain I went through (detail removed by Moderator) weeks of it in the end it was like charges were dropped the topic kept coming up but he still wasn’t apologetic.again I’m going through it and low and behold something tragic is happening so I must break my silence which I have temporarily just to find the trade by then I’m back to silence no contact is the best with these people so do not break it no matter how you feel .they will try reel you back in and play with your mind

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Hi Groovyleopard

Was this an abusive row? Frightening? I’m not getting the full gist of whats happening; is it you thats refusing to speak to him, and this is now making you anxious? or is it that he won’t communicate, so you are just trying to get on with other stuff, but clearly it is making you ill living like this?

If it was a normal argument, three weeks is a helluva long time to be able to not speak to each other, are you under the same roof doing this?

If a couple don’t speak for (detail removed by Moderator) weeks there’s something very wrong in their relationship. Couples need to speak, to come together to work out what went wrong, and how to resolve it.

You speak though of not understanding whats going on, is this because the argument didn’t make sense to you, was it just abuse?

Please don’t feel you need to answer any of these questions, I don’t know your backstory so just things that struck me when reading your post. Whatever, this isn’t worth the damage its causing you mentally and physically, something needs to change, and if hes not going to do it, then you will have to do something for your own protection to end this despair you are suffering.

Do keep posting and working through. Its so important to have somewhere to come with your znxiety, to get it out and talk bout it, if you feel you want to.

warmest wishes

ts

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content