Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      LookingForAnswers
      Participant

reading some of the posts and it has been mentioned that partners can mirror there behavior onto you.
      have people found that everything they have accused you of doing they have done/are doing?

I ask as the last couple of times my husband has accused me of texting another guy. in fact the last time he tried to say he found these text. when pushed further he admitted he made it up. so what are the chances he is texting someone else?

a little background. he did text another women quite a few years ago, and moved in with her while we were going out. after he accused me the first time, I did have a look on his phone and couldn’t find anything in his WhatsApp or text messages.

KIP.
      Participant

Huge red flag in my opinion especially as he has done it before. The trust has gone and that’s enough reason to contemplate ending a relationship. I can only say my ex accused me of cheating, he was cheating, of stealing money, he was stealing money, of involving children in the divorce, he did exactly that. I did none of these things. Projection may be a good word for this. I think there may be more information on this behaviour in Living with the Dominator by Pat Craven. When I asked my ex he got really aggressive and shut the conversation down. He’s already lied to you by saying he founds texts. Do not believe a word he says to you. They just don’t play by the same rules. In fact they don’t play by any rules x

dustypink
      Participant

My husband was registered on dating sites and I’ve found he is chatting to other women so many times, I even don’t remember. And this was always my fault as I don’t provide him with sex or just don’t give him the attention he needs.
      And he was always jealous, accusing me of cheating. I was scared to talk to our courier even or say some words to the postman – he would always tell I am cheating with them.
      He can chat on the website, he doesn’t neeed to do this via apps.

Borntobefree
      Participant

Oh yes the mirroring
      My ex mirrored onto me accused me of cheating only to find out he was with my best friend.. Also he mirrored my Facebook posts which I never realised till I got out of the relationship

They are pure evil..

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content