Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Pinkturtle
      Participant

I’m missing the hairdresser, today I realised why….

It’s a place I’m allowed to go! Actually allowed to go without the worry.

Sure I get questioned what time is your appointment, what time you setting off, how long will it take, what time will you be back, what did she say, which way did you go, where are you parking etc etc, but it gives me a few hours where I’m free, no accusations about seeing anyone unless I’m late back. I can even get away with not replying to texts instantly too & only once has he appeared there, although there have been a few times he wanted to meet me to take me for coffee. But on the whole that’s a snippet of normal for me, and I’m missing it

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Pinkturtle,

Sorry to hear you’re struggling at the minute; it’s completely understandable why you’d be missing that freedom. Just as a reminder if you needed to speak to a support worker, you could contact someone from Women’s Aid via the Live Chat (Mon – Fri 10am – 2pm).

Take care,

Lisa

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

The UK is planning to set a lockdown exit strategy next week.
      So go buy your mask and be ready to book your hairdresser appointment soon.
      But few hours of freedom every so often is not good enough. You deserve to be free all the time, every minute of every day and night darling.
      Take this lockdown to think how you would wish your life to look like a year from now? Imagine it free…let your imagination run free for a minute and just write down different dreams you have for yourself.
      You are worth living your life abuse free all the time. You really are.
      Take good care of yourself.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content