Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Ayanna
      Participant

In continental Europe they are much more gentle with women who suffer from domestic abuse. They offer therapy that is specifically for women delivered by women. Why can we not have the latest standard of treatment here?
      Why do do we get male therapists? I was not even asked! I told them I was raped and other things and they gave me a man! I declined! Do they think I can talk to a man after what that abuser did? They are joking!

Ayanna
      Participant

I found an interesting website for women in another country. They offer online counseling. I can communicate in their language. I think I will apply for support from them. They seem very well trained and equipped and completely up to scratch. All counselors and advisors are female. It seems they offer help for free for a while and then it costs only a little bit. They make it very accessible for all women. I am amazed by the amount of services they offer. I wish I had known that a year ago.

Ayanna
      Participant

And also, victims have more rights there! I am just reading all their information!

Serenity
      Participant

I have received amazing counselling through local services.

I don’t know if you have heard of or can look up DBT therapy? This is used for people with borderline personality disorder, but also victims of abuse. I read up about it and practice its tenets at home.

Ayanna
      Participant

Thank you Serenity. I just looked it up. I cannot find any service here who provides this. I rang one service and they said they provide this via the NHS. But the NHS has lined me up for CBT, which is the wrong treatment for PTSD.
      I contacted the online service abroad. It is proper ‘talking’ therapy where I can write down everything. It gets stored in an anonymous mailbox and I can go back to it and also re-read the answers. And it is completley free!

Serenity
      Participant

Hi Ayanna,

That’s great.

There is no harm also in practising DBT Distress Tolerance techniques at home and around about. A lot involves mindfulness, etc. Xx

Serenity
      Participant

Hi Ayanna,

That’s great.

There is no harm also in practising DBT Distress Tolerance techniques at home and around about. A lot involves mindfulness, etc.

Look up DBT Distress Tolerance Self-Help.

X*x

Ayanna
      Participant

I cannot do anything on my own at the moment. I am not in a good place.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content