Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Thistle06
      Participant

Whilst I’m feeling strong I’m pursuing a non molestation order the national centre for domestic violence are helping me. But do I need to go for a non occupancy after or at the same time? Do I need a solicitor for that ? Not sure what to do. I might fail in my non molestation order but the behaviour I’ve had to put up with is making me plough on
      Would appreciate some advice ??

fizzylem
      Participant

You could call 101 and ask for free advice x

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi there Thistle, they should be able to help you with this, they deal with Occupation orders as well as Non Molestation orders, take a look here

You can also contact your local domestic abuse service to get some practical and emotional support in place if you haven’t done so already. You can find their details here

Best wishes

Lisa

Thistle06
      Participant

Thankyou all I didnt ever think anyone would ever believe me or that I would ever get such support. What happened to me at Christmas and the subsequent behaviour of him towards me as the victim is something I’m trying to remember to keep on going. I am heartbroken for my children utterly and I wish I could have done better by them. But after such an event I cannot see any other way forward. My children need me and I need to be safe not constantly bullied pressurised and terrorised by lies, silences, deflection and all the other horrible stuff that goes with this type of man and relationship

KIP.
      Participant

You did nothing wrong. You didn’t choose to be abused by this man so please don’t feel guilty. You can make things better form them now and going forwards. You can’t go back and change the beginning but you can definitely change the ending. Keep going. Yes, your children need a happy, confident carefree mummy, a good example to them and they also need to know that you don’t ever have to tolerate abuse or stay in an abusive relationship. You’re teaching them strength by standing up to an abuser and letting them know it’s never okay. No matter who they are. It’s not easy but the end result is definitely worth the journey. Stay strong and keep posting. Gather a support network round you, including this forum where many women have walked in your shoes. Power to you 👍

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content