Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      xxxxhelpxxxx
      Participant

Does anyone else dread Monday mornings because it’s s trigger for their work stress and then picking arguments?

EbonyRaven
      Participant

It used to be Sundays for me. He’d start ramping up the snide remarks and picking at me, and the ‘I’m a martyr’ ‘I work harder than everyone there but no-one recognises it’ stuff in the early afternoon.

I know exactly what you mean though, the build up of the stomach butterflies in readiness.

Try to focus on the fact that he’ll be out of the door for the day, and look forward to that respite.

KIP.
      Participant

Just wanted to say that lots of people don’t like Monday’s but they don’t take it out on their partners. If he’s so stressed how come he doesn’t take it out on his boss. It wouldn’t matter what the reason, it’s just an excuse to continue his abuse. Abusers simply change the goal posts. Making you feel scared and depressed is his goal. It doesn’t matter how. Making you feel bad makes him feel good. They thrive on destroying us x

xxxxhelpxxxx
      Participant

It starts on Sunday evening with gradually withdrawing and getting “stressed”. He works mobile and often has a long drive in the morning. I get that is stressful but ffs he’s not the only one in the world to do it!! Then he doesn’t get up on time because he doesn’t go to bed till 2/3am (nor do I cos I’m not allowed to go to bed without him). That makes it worse and he gets snappy at me. Then of course I have to be available on the phone for him during the day cos he “gets lonely” driving. I’m fed up of it.

Today he’s been angling for an argument. I’m off work today and he’s been getting the snide remarks in about me being off and him not having Sam much holiday as me.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content