Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Tea-and-biscuits
      Participant

I’m still here but in an argument (detail removed by Moderator) he realised I’m serious about going. I went and slept in the spare room. He came into my room (detail removed by Moderator).  He works full time and I work part time. He is already keeping the house which is half paid of by both us. He now says (detail removed by Moderator). Stuff like this makes me realise he isn’t nice but just don’t know why he has to do this. Like I said he’s not having to move.. he’s keeping the house . Fully furnished I’m starting from scratch.

LittleRobin
      Participant

He is trying to scare you and stop you from leaving by making it difficult. I hope that you arre ok. Seek some legal advice I was told about a free helpline called Rights of Women who provide legal advice. May be able to help you further.

Hazydayz
      Participant

I agree with LittleRobin, and I see this happening to me too when I stand up against HIM! He too follows me around pecking at my head! Not leaving me be. His threats are endless as I suspect your offenders are too! You have my empathy! Don’t make the mistake though of thinking he should be grateful for getting everything? The house, the furniture etc, when you leave. Any reasonable person would see that as unreasonable! You should be entitled to half! But we here, reading what you wrote understand what your doing and why your leaving, taking nothing! Why you feel the way you do! He will never! It’s control over your life he really wants! Just like mine does over me! No point in trying to reason with them! Good luck!

RedStrawberry
      Participant

Please get legal advice like the others have said. If you’re married you’ll be entitled to something. It normally starts at 50 50 but then depends on need. Don’t just say he can have the house etc as it could be sold and shared between you so you have chance to start again. If you’re not married you should still seek legal advice

Hazydayz
        Participant

I totally agree with you Redstrawberry! I sought legal advice yesterday, not about money I admit, there’s no capital to share in our case. But, about getting out! My problem and worry was I couldn’t afford to pay for legal advice or a divorce with my lack of income or savings. The good news…O probably will be entitled to free legal advice and legal aid! Hurrah!!I’m overjoyed! Good luck Tea-and-Biscuits go for it!

Tea-and-biscuits
      Participant

Thanks everyone. The problem is I have more money which I want for Myne and the kids future. Lot for him.. we are married so that might back fire in my face but still freedom is priceless. Joyfully il have it soon. Its my daughter I worry about. She will blame me for blowing her world apart. Thanks everyone .. appreciate your support xx

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content