Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      smithy
      Participant

I’ve told him We are seperating, he earns more than me, he refuses to leave our home so I am unable to claim benefits, he won’t give me child support because we are still
      In the same house, but he is demanding I pay half our bills. I earn less than him because I look after the kids but he’s telling me that’s not his problem. How do I fix this?
      I could walk out and not look back but my mum gave us the deposit for this house and I’m worried I won’t get it back. What do I do?

Hello Smithy,
      I don’t know your story in detail, but I’m sure every woman on here will join me in saying
      your safety and that of your kids is paramount.

Please phone Women’s Aid.

You may not be able to see your future clearly now, but even if you need to leave temporarily,

all else can be sorted out, step by step.

If you choose to stay and need to have him leave there are also things that you can do.
      Step by step, sure ladies on here will have further insights.

Step by step, but your safety is paramount. You can’t buy that with money.
      Stay safe
      all best
      ftc
      x

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi Smithy, at my local WA, the solicitor they use, advised me if I can prove abusive behaviour,(which I could) doctors letter and 2 statements of abuse, one my own and one from someone who has seen the effects of his abuse, he could get an interim exclusion order served. This is given from a judge and puts the partner out of the marital home as he can financially rent a place of his own.(He’s working) He’s bullying you and trying to scare you into staying together.
      Let’s look at it logically, who are the bills addressed to?
      Definately get legal advice before you do anything. My local WA orgainsed an appointment with a solicitor they used, trained in DA. It’s imperative you get legal advice. He’s bullying you and trying to force you to stay together, whereas if he really cared about you, he wouldn’t try these tactics.
      Good luck, again definately get legal advice. It will really lift a weight from your shoulders.
      IWMB 💕💕

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content