Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      IndecisiveGirl
      Participant

So, my ex has been sending child maintenance weekly, the amount was what he had looked at on CSA guidelines as he earns £800 gross weekly so was sending £100.
      But then he has now said, he has been advised to go on the CSA calculator and he will be sending considerably less from this week?
      But I put in the calculator his details and it says he should send £96 a week.
      Has anyone any experience of child maintenance and things?
      I’m just worrying because I’ve been using his money to live and to pay half the mortgage (for our house that he’s living in while I’m staying at my parents with my baby)
      He’s being difficult about selling the house too so I’m afraid it’s going to go on for a long time.
      I know money isn’t everything but I’m not working because I can’t afford childcare and mybaby is still under 1 so I won’t be able to work for a while.
      I’m so sick of everything and all the control he still has over me:/

fizzylem
      Participant

Call the CMA and get them to deal with it for you – once its set that’s it – you never need to discuss money with him again – so he can never use it to scare or control you either x

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi IG, take back the control. Contact CMA yourself. I’d also get in touch with your local WA and see if they have a lawyer they use. Ive Been paying the bills for my old house too as he pays mortgage and car, but I’m sure I don’t rely need to be paying anything, it’s just I’m trying to play ‘fair’.
      Best wishes IWMB 💞

IndecisiveGirl
      Participant

Thankyou both. I am considering contacting child maintenance people, as I’d just like to know a consistent figure, rather than him being able to control and change it according to what he wants.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Money worries’ is closed to new replies.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content