Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Butterlyoffreedom
      Participant

I left my violent ex partner (detail removed by Moderator) months ago. Since He had been given a (detail removed by Moderator) year prison sentence and my restraining order against him has been granted for life.

I’ve moved on substantially since leaving hun, but sometimes, particularly at the moment I feel so sad inside.

I know I have come along way and the only way to free myself was to leave I still can’t bury the deep sadness which is why I n my heart.

He became an addict towards the end of the relationship and increasingly more violent until I feared he would kill me.

I just can’t help my heavy heart when I think of everything as a whole. It’s not something I can just hide away.

This forum helped me so much when I got out of the relationship and it’s empowering knowing so many woman are in similar situations.

It does get better and important to remember you did not do anything to cause the abuse.

My thoughts are with anyone who is suffering due to DV right now.

LOVE YOURSELF.

Xxxx

Strongenough
      Participant

So good to hear you are safe and free. I understand the end of the relationship isn’t the end of the trauma. I am out also but still struggling with the aftermath. Like you this forum really helps me.

Your post made me smile after a mentally rough day. Sending love and strength straight back to you 🌈

Butterlyoffreedom
      Participant

Thank you so much Strongenough. Sending lots of love and endless strength to you too.

The aftermath feels so chaotic sometimes, like an endless rollercoaster.

Glad you are safe and remember don’t looms back and keep on looking after yourself.

X*x

nbumblebee
      Participant

I love reading posts about how you left about how you feel now its really encouraging for those of us still well within this c**p.
      The honesty of how it still hurts and how hard it is even after youve left is really important to understand thank you for sharing.
      Its these posts that keep me going, helps me to get up each day and face this life I always say i will never leave but when i read posts like these there is a little tiny fire in my belly that burns and says maybe just maybe one day it will be me writing these words. Thank you xxxxxxx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content