Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Dragon
      Participant

So I thought things were getting better but he comes in (detail removed by moderator) and I haven’t done something he asked so we have another argument and when I say I feel like he is telling me what to do he turns it into my fault for not communicating with him that I disagreed with him and how I am making out he is controlling which he isn’t and he is telling me he isn’t controlling but I still choose to feel that way and believe that about him and make him out to be a monster. Am I the bad one? I feel like it. I know he isn’t doing it on purpose but it still doesn’t feel nice. So confused. Sorry, needed a rant.

KIP.
      Participant

The confusion is a sure sign of abuse. It happened to me all the time but only with my ex. He would twist everything around until there was no point at all in arguing so for years I just sat there while he ranted. It gets worse. Don’t waste your breath or energy. Here’s something I remember…… “Arguing with an abuser is like playing chess with a pigeon, even when you win, he will knock over the pieces, s**t on the board and strut around like he’s won” It’s emotionally and physically and mentally draining x

Escapee
      Participant

That is absolutely brilliant kip! I love that analogy! Xxxx

Dragon
      Participant

It’s brilliant! I will be watching out for pigeon like behaviour in future! X

HunkyDory
      Participant

Love that KIP so very very true! X

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content