Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      teatime
      Participant

I recently met my kind man’s father after a long period.
      He terrified me. He reminded me of my abusive ex. He was controlling and dark. I still feel frightened.
      He offered us somewhere to live as he owns property( we are in a terrible situation). He asked me to come and have a look and measure up- but when we got there he retracted the offer immediately, saying he was selling the place.My heart started pounding with shock and I felt sick after being coerced into driving all the way there.
      He made me drive us to the place we were talking about… but it was just to help him with a job because he is disabled. His wife is also as cold as ice. We were there for hours but only had one cup of tea. I was dehydrated and scared and sat perched on a chair unable to breathe.
      My kind man blathered on under his father’s cross questioning. He is deeply sweet and a bit dappy, he suffers from anxiety too.My best friend ever…
      I feel now my kind, gently and unassertive man is in thrall to this ogre of a father. He even looks like an ogre.I know that is a horrid thing to say, but he does.
      I don’t want to be connected to this horrible person… I wanted to run away from him and also my kind partner.
      I remember too much. I still feel scared two days later. I felt like a horrible black spider was trying to hurt us. At the time , I did not want to say too much because of my partner but I did interrupt his father and say ‘ He is wonderful.’. There was a deafening silence like I had let off a bomb.
      Although people make me afraid I am very assertive and hate bullying.I also think his father has possibly a mental health condition, possibly dementia, because he kept talking round and round in circles. But then, abusers also do this.
      I do not like these people… but it is his father…I hate them.They are manipulative and cruel.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content