• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Bah… the last ‘good’ day was a while ago.

January absolutely sucks. It’s cold and depressing, husband’s mental health even worse than usual, spend the whole time being told that I’m fat, stupid, useless blahblahblah.

Christmas is usually awful, and this year was the same… he tears into me, in front of our child, and then if I e.g. leave the house for a walk then I’m ‘flouncing off’ and ‘having a tantrum’. So I’ve basically got to take the verbal abuse from dawn to dusk without even the normal work routine as a break.

Tried to talk to some family members and got a lecture about how we need to respect each other and not argue in front of child. A while ago, I read one of the books that the women’s aid website recommended, and some of that advice resonated… *if people try to take the view that both of you must be at fault, then they’re really siding with the abuser, because the one taking the abuse has no way of changing any of it*. That advice is stuck in my head now and I’m realising just how true it is. I’m stuck in a horrible situation, there’s *nothing* I can do about it, I’m stuck. It’s going to be this level of awful, or worse, until I die.

Aaand I’ve been mainlining chocolate over these last few weeks in response to the current situation, so I’m doubtless getting even fatter. I can’t look at myself in a mirror.

This has all gone horribly, horribly wrong.

Happybelle
      Participant

Thinking of you. Not a lot useful to say. Am also finding myself grazing at food a lot more and anything sweet definitely has my name on! Hope you can navigate your way through this x

Anonymous
      Inactive

I don’t actually agree with that statement. I do believe we can change it .we change it by realizing we don’t deserve to be abused.we change it by leaving no matter how hard that is.i lost my children to this.but if I’d stayed what message were both my girls seeing.someone has to change it somewere otherwise the cycle continues.and then we give up.ypu are none of those names.you are a person trying to work thru a s**t situation

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content