Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      alonesadhomeless
      Participant

1: What is the process if you decide to get your lawyer to make him move out?
      2: What kind of reassurance/protection are you afforded when he recieves this notice
      3: Is there any way you could get an order for him to attend regular sessions with a CBT councillor instead of being removed from the home? (choosing which he would prefer?)

I would love any input.

diymum@1
      Participant

you need an occupation order to get him out a restraining order to keep him away. id personally stay with a friend or family member for a few weeks to help you feel safe and off his radar. let the police deal with him and also let the lawyer step in take a back seat. CBT dosent help abusive men a 6 month programme is offered to DV abusers in jail but that is it i beleive certainly in the UK xx USA is different. dont give him the option you have to put yourself first because he wont xx deep breath youll be ok this is the hard part once your away you can recover xx

Lotus20
      Participant

Hi diymum,

Just want to add that they even use the counsellor tto manipulate and to get their empathy and sympathy, change nerd to happen lot deeper and over a long time with a deep reflection and only when they are ready for it. Be mindful that may cause you and your children more damage.

I wish you the best,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content