Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Lightning-Jet
      Participant

I have bought a new necklace for myself, it reads;

“You are braver than you believe, Stronger than you seem and smarter than you think”

I can get through this, I can plan my exit strategy, I can stay strong when he begs me to not end it & I will have as much in place as I can for when it happens.

No longer will I let my health be affected, no longer will I let him manipulate my son and me.
      Those days are gone!!!

From now on I will stand strong, I will say no, I will do things I want to do.

I know there will be bad days, but I am determined to outweigh the bad with the good.

I have signed up for Race for Life with my son, I have signed up to another charity run. This is my life & I am going to live it!!!!!!!!

KIP.
      Participant

That’s great. I want a ring like King Solomons that reads “this too shall pass”❤️
      You don’t have to have any contact with him when you end it. That’s exactly what I did. No contact means no mind games. That’s the best advice I was given when leaving. Although the police and his bail conditions definately helped too lol. Stay strong and positive. I had a long heart necklace that I wore and I would grip in times of pain and fear. It became a comfort and strength to mr. Use anything that gets you through and having a life away from an abusers is great. Keep building on that.

Lightning-Jet
        Participant

Hi KIP, that’s great, very positive statement!

No contact is definitely the way to go. I don’t want police involvement at this stage unless it’s necessary – I will involve them if I have to.

The necklace means a lot to me & will help me through the bad times. I know I’ll get through it.

Oh yes I have many plans for the future, I know what I want to do, it’s just a matter of getting myself there, & I will!!

EeyoreNoMore
      Participant

I think this is an AA Milne quote. Love it!

Lightning-Jet
        Participant

Yes it certainly is an AA Milne quote! I absolutely love it and it really does help to keep saying those words to myself.

Confused123
      Participant

Hi LAdies

Yes when i left i slowly brought a braclet and added charms which represent, hope, faith , freedom and luck , all charms represent my beleifs and progress

Lightning-Jet
        Participant

That’s fantastic Confused123! Exactly the kind of thing I want to do!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content