Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Bizzylizzy
      Participant

Hi, I’m new to all this but my social worker thinks it will help me move on. I was in an abusive relationship for (detail removed by moderator)  years but only realised he was abusing me for the last couple of years. It was mainly mental and emotional abuse, he was physical a few times. He strangled me and pinned me to the wall or floor, or threw me around. He would shout at me and intimidate and threaten me. I was petrified of him by the end. He always made me believe it was my fault. He never went to work, while I worked full time. I had lots of friends when I met him, now I have 1 and he tried to turn us against each other. I have a son of (detail removed by moderator)  from a previous relationship and my ex took him on as his own. At first he treated him really well but over the years I noticed he was starting to pick on him as well. Some people told me I was being over protective. I hid most of the abuse from my son and it was him going into school saying he was worried about me that got social services involved. And it was them that made me realise I was being abused. My ex finally left about (detail removed by moderator)  ago but he has continued to visit me most weekends and I’ve allowed him to stay. I don’t want to be with him but I can’t seem to let him go. I miss him so much when he’s not here and I’m so lonely without him. I know I’m better off without him but don’t know how to stop loving him.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content