Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      iliketea
      Participant

Hi what are people’s experiences of moving away from where the abuse happened? and putting distance between you and ex partner. The proximity is making life difficult in terms of children and arrangements and my day to day life – he drops stuff at house without notification, he’s always sort of around, its creepy and I dont like it, he’s infiltrated my friendship groups through school and I just want a fresh start and new beginnings, even though I was here first, its like he’s taken over my life. He’s weird and creepy and I want shot of him. Have a CAO already but not really worth the paper its written on. It just gives him too many opportunities to continue to abuse. I think he is crazy and I need him out of my space. He can’t seem to let go. A non-mol isn’t going to help as its not enough to prove.
      What are the downfalls in terms of kids, of moving further away, (detail removed by Moderator)? They’re not very young, 1 primary 1 secondary, but (detail removed by Moderator) so shouldnt affect education.
      (detail removed by Moderator)
      I need to lessen his opportunities for post separation abuse through the children.
      Thanks

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Iliketea,

Thank you for your post. I’m sorry to hear about your situation. What you have described sounds exhausting to deal with- you deserve to live a life free from abuse.

As you mentioned you have a child arrangements order in place- I would suggest seeking legal advice on your next steps. The Coram Children’s Legal Centre provide free legal resources with advice and information on all aspects of family, child and education law, including relationship breakdown; parental disputes, duties of children’s services; child protection. They can be contacted on 0300 330 5480 (10am-4pm, Mon-Fri) and through their webchat service (8:30am-5:30pm Mon-Fri).

Best Wishes

Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content