Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

He keeps sending me texts or written messages to say he wishes I could talk to him (detail removed by moderator)
      Pardon? Am I hearing right?
      In the meantime I am going ahead with decluttering, organising, doing the necessary paperwork, transforming my future and developing my business. It’s been very encouraging so far and it shows there is lots of work available. I just need to advertise.
      He hates my independence, my strength, my decisive actions and my positivity and focus.
      I keep the functioning going, I maximize all my potential. I feel good.
      One of our children hates him. Another one tries to protect him and himself too. The others are not often home.
      I am learning to realise there is a life out there for me. I can’t stand being with him, near him. I avoid him. I rely solely on myself and it makes me feel great. The bonding is being replaced by a total dedication to seeing this divorce through. The therapist is helping me to think for myself, for my kids. He speaks music to my ears. I work on what gets said, I develop my sense of self and I know I can do so much for myself now, away from him.
      I don’t think about the abuse any more, I think about building my future. I think about my children, how they will see me soon. Just a bit of patience…and it will all work out.

I feel strong, independent, determined, there is no going back.

Ayanna
      Participant

You are wonderful Bridget!
      I am so glad you have got your fighting spirit and see this through.
      Your new life will be great! XX

Confused123
      Participant

Hi Bridget

This is lovely news, i am so happy to hear how u r moving forward, its amazing how different u sound, i can just see u r thinking so much clearer now he is not draining u, stick to no contact, sennding u massive hug xx

lover of no contact
      Participant

Well done Bridget, all your hard work of taking action will pay off. Thank you for sharing your strength and hope with us. Contact with him (reading his texts and written messages) will strengthen him and weaken you. Remember he doesn’t want to lose his victim, you. He will weaken considerably if he has no one to hurt and it will take a lot of time, energy and expense to reel in a new victim. Much easier for him to work on getting you to maintain contact with him. He needs your reactions. He needs your emotions in a mess. He will keep trying to initiate contact with you.

I learnt how to immediately press the delete button upon receiving a text from my ex. It felt sooo empowering. I had the control then.

White Rose
      Participant

Hi Bridget
      What a great, positive inspiring post. I can feel your strength oozing out of every word and have visions of you half smiling and gritting your teeth knowing you’re not going to be beaten by him! Keep up the fantastic work xxxxx

lilaclady
      Participant

Well done I love this post! So strong!! xx

Nova
      Participant

BJiF ..just wanted to say great to hear, quite a clear determined positive affirmation. Moving forward, decisive, & re building yourself with all your strengths, with courage & your self worth. Hats off to you lady!

It’s a reminder to us all, it can be done in so many different ways. We can be free & live our own life, make our own decisions & choices on every level.

hugs X C

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content