Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      its a new day
      Participant

I’m in a new relationship now and I’m engaged but I still can’t get over over my abusive ex. Still think about him everyday. And feel so guilty that I still think about him even though I’m in a new relationship and that I’m much happier now.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi its a new day,

Welcome to the forum.

It can take time to process the emotions involved when you’ve experienced domestic abuse. What you’re feeling is normal and you’re not alone in this. Try to be kind to yourself, it’s not your fault. Some support to work through things can be helpful if you’re feeling stuck. As well as support from the other women on this forum, you could speak to your GP about options for talking therapies in your area.

I hope that being here with others who understand helps you to sort through what you’re feeling.

Take care and keep posting,
      Lisa
      (Forum Moderator)

Hopefulgreyrock
      Participant

Hey, after the abuse I think it is normal to think of them stikk alot. I think of mine every day! It’s the trap isn’t it. The addiction etc The mind game you were in.

Whwn I am this please don’t think i am judging because I’m not I am just wandering. Are you ready for another relationship? Do u feel like you need more time to heal beforr being in another?

Hopefulgreyrock
      Participant

Aand, I’m just wandering in what way do you think about him? Is it I how he abused you and you get upset or is it in a missing him and wanting to be in arms kind of way?

Hopefulgreyrock
      Participant

Sorry last comment. I really am.not judging I think i would still love to be in my abusers arms sometimes. Right now in fact. So I’m not judging. Jusy wandering. X

StrongLife
      Participant

Yes I been to a number of therapist. I’ve needed to. Male and female. In person and online during covid.

I’ve felt things have changed recently for the better.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content