Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Grenache
      Participant

A few days ago we actually had a really good conversation. He seems to be accepting of the fact that we won’t be together anymore. He is agreeing to all my terms so now just need to start the divorce process. I’m also accepting the fact that I’m moving on. I got a full time job so at least for now I can save up money while living with my parents. I’m feeling really good and strong for now 🙂

Musicalmad
      Participant

Well done. 😀 so appy for you. This is giving me hope as I have been living with my parents for a while but I am scared to make the next step of actually telling him its completely over and I want a divorce. Not because he woud do anything to me but because of how upset he will be. His dad is dying and I do feel guilty. Hope I can get to your stage. Your so strong x

Grenache
        Participant

You’ll get there! And there’s no reason to feel guilty about his dad, it’s not your fault! Maybe empathetic but not guilty. Sorry it took so long to respond, I’ve been keeping extremely busy, which definitely helps A LOT. I’ve been very, very lucky lately, it’s almost as if God or the universe or whatever you believe in is telling me it’s ok to leave and that it’s the right thing to do. Things seem to be falling into place finally. I was able to find a full time job and I’ve been taking on extra responsibilities which is keeping me so busy but I am feeling extremely productive. I’ve also come into some unexpected money recently too which I’m going to use to get into photography which is exciting 🙂

I hope everyone on here gets some of the luck I’ve been experiencing lately (hopefully it’s contagious lol). But keeping your mind occupied is definitely a really good, healthy thing to do. I’m not worried about the relationship aspect of my life anymore. I probably will at some point but I feel so much more like going with the flow and taking what comes my way after everything that happened and focusing on myself. I really do feel healthier than before, maybe it was a good learning experience.

Looking back, I feel like I have been slowly moving on without realizing it. My intuition always knew he wouldn’t change and I would leave him eventually. I left (detail removed by moderator) ago (I know we aren’t supposed to give timelines but that is very vague so I don’t think it is a problem to say) and sometimes I am still reminded of things he said to me and I am sad that he never truly loved me but I know that is more his problem than mine. Improving myself and my life was the best thing I could do to accept moving on. I still don’t know if I fully believe that he has accepted it but I guess he has no choice now.

Musicalmad
      Participant

Can I also ask… Did it take a long time to get to his stage of accepting its over? X

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content