Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m really proud of myself. The man is trying to continue his destruction of me through the courts, but I have been able to rebuild myself. I am doing new courses and I have set up a lovely new home for me and lo.
      The best thing I ever did was to completely block off all contact so him and his friends couldn’t pull me down.

Serenity
      Participant

Yes! The rewards of no contact!

So pleased to hear it! You’re amazing! 😀

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you Serenity. It’s just a shame that it took me so long to get the strength to completely cut off contact.

Confused123
      Participant

Hey Hun

Dont worry how long it took, u did it in the end and look at all positive outcomes

determined survivor
      Participant

Freedoms,

It’s good to know that I am not the only one who took a while to cut all contact. I had several people try to tell me for months that I needed to cut contact, but I refused because it gave me an insight into his mental state. Only until he told me I had to decide how much contact I could have with him because according to him no contact was no longer an option did I decide to cut all contact with him. He also tried to manipulate the no contact documents when he could, including in the courts. Cutting all contact was one of the best decisions I have ever made, even though it has been difficult.

DS

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi determined survivor. Yeah they try all means at their disposal. The man is using court to try to make me give some hint of where me and lo are. I think I look a bit strange sometimes because I have to give myself a quick pep talk, saying ‘he won’t win’.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content