Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Sunshineee
      Participant

Hello guys! Iv recently moved into my new home just me and the little one💗 Honestly, it a been difficult and an array of emotions but it’s a huge moment in our lives. It’s not been long since my ex was sentenced and times have been so hard dealing with this and the trauma from the abuse as you’d expect. But I can’t believe I have actually moved on and moved out to our own little place and I have made it so warm and homely. He always doubted me, told me I’d never be able to live on my own and put me down all the time…well look at me now! Up yours I say! Here’s to new beginnings x

Wants To Help
      Participant

Hi Sunshinee,

Congratulations and well done. You have clearly been through a very traumatic and emotional time, especially as you seem to have been involved with a Police investigation that has led to your abuser being sentenced. I’m so glad you have been awarded the protection you deserve for you and your child to live free from abuse. Your new home is now a chance for those new beginnings and the life and environment you have always wanted. Our exes are fools to doubt us, they think we’ll never manage without them and try and make us believe we won’t, but we’re all so much stronger than they give us credit for.

I remember the freedom I felt when I lived apart from my abuser again. The joy it was to be able to invite friends and family round whenever I wanted, friends being able to phone me up or drop in because they were in the area, being able to stay without being on a time limit, holding a ‘girls night in’ one evening and inviting other mums round for a cheese and wine evening when my son started primary school so I could so I could make new friends. It may sound a bit posh, but essentially, some women had to bring a bottle of wine and some a block of cheese, I was so skint I just provided the cheese biscuits!
      I remember sitting in my lounge and looking around me thinking I’d never have been allowed to do something like this if I was still with him. As my son got older, he had friends for sleepovers, my ex would never have allowed that. Our home was his private domain and any intruder to it was unwelcome.

Your strength and determination to leave your abuser has opened up a whole new world of opportunities for you now, so go and grab them and enjoy your freedom. I wish you the very best.

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

That’s fabulous news Sunshineee, wishing you the best of times in your new home, enjoy your new freedom 💕
      Lol ‘up yours’ made me laugh 😂 absolutely! Look at you now, you made it 💪

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content