Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      Eve1
      Participant

My mum passed away (detail removed by moderator). I’m going over there this morning. My first thought was I don’t have anyone to tell, no one I’m close to any more. Hope it’s ok to put it on here. I do feel like I have friends here who understand, albeit virtual.

Wish I was feeling stronger, (detail removed by moderator)not working, trying to help daughter

Hugs anyway
      Eve
      xx

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi Eve1

Big big hugs and sorry for your loss. We are you friends and family and we care and will support you

FS xx

Eve1
      Participant

Thank you FS, I have always felt supported here.

Xx

Suntree
      Participant

Eve Sorry for your loss. It must be so hard I can only imagine. Please keep posting like falling skys says we are here x

Serenity
      Participant

I am sorry for your loss, Eve.

Big hugs x

godschild
      Participant

So sorry you have lost your Mom Eve, its so hard for you when you have the awkward situation with your Dad and don’t have a good relationship with him.
      The grief does get better over time, you will miss her always but it gets easier,be kind to yourself, look after yourself and take care hugs xxxx

Tuppance
      Participant

Oh Eve1 I am so sorry for you. Please allow yourself time to grieve – in what ever way helps you. In time you will come to live with the kids of your mum but the pain remains. Make sure you do all you can to look after yourself at this difficult time. Xxxx

Peaceful Pig
      Participant

I’m so sorry Eve. I totally relate to the feeling of having no-one close to turn to, but we are all here for you. Sending hugs xx

SaharaD
      Participant

Hi Eve. Condolences and sorry for your loss. Big hugs to you instead of us! Take things easy and look after yourself and the kids. We will understand if you don’t post as much.

older lady
      Participant

I’m sorry to read about the sad loss of your Mum today, Eve1. Please accept my sympathies. Xx

Eve1
      Participant

Thank you all. I feel your hugs and support. Early this year I was in a very low place and came back on here after not being on for s while. It’s helped so much. It’s helped me extract myself from another abusive relationship and so much more.

Huge thankyous

Xxxxxx

Confused123
      Participant

Hey Hun

Sorry for your loss, hope u ok xx

White Rose
      Participant

Sending love to you and those close to you. It’s tough dealing with loss but there’s always someone here if you need support x*x

lover of no contact
      Participant

Hi Eve,

I’m so sorry for your loss of your mum. Take comfort in knowing that you were a lovely, caring daughter to her. She was lucky to have you. And you were lucky to have her. Please keep posting whenever you need to. We are here for you.xx

Hi Eve. I’m sorry to hear about your mum psssing. How are you feeling? Xxxx

Eve1
      Participant

Thank you. Bad day yesterday, spent hours with my Dad. I did get to have a little in put into Mum’s funeral, but as the end of it and today I feel so bad. It is best for me to spend so much time around him. It makes me feel worthless. Still haven’t rung Cruse but I will. Will they understand about abuse?

Thank you again
      Xx

That’s ok you don’t need to say thank you that’s what we are all here for. Ring cruse they will totally understand pick up the phone to the helpline we are all here for you. You need a lot of self care to get through this but I am sure you will. They will understand about bereavement and the helpline will know all about abuse. The Samaritans are also great to speak to generally. Good luck keep posting on here too xxxx

Eve1
      Participant

It’s so hard. I’ve just spoken to him on the phone and he cried. I think people expect me to stay there with him (I don’t live in the same town) at this time, and at a push I could, if I he didn’t trigger me so much. There are reasons i can’t get there tomorrow really, apart from needing rest myself, but I feel guilty not being there. Horrible feeling.

Xx

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi Eve

Don’t feel guilty you need to grieve and regain your strength.

FS xx

Meringue
      Participant

Hi Eve,
      I’m so sorry to hear of your loss. Hold on to yourself and remember that other people don’t know all the story of your relationship with your parents. Do what you feel is right for you. Can you talk to him on he phone rather than going to visit? I find it much easier to talk to my mum on the phone. The physical distance makes me feel safe and we can actually have quite a good relationship that way.
      Xx M

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content