Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I asked my daughter if her dad had spoken to her yesterday, if she had seen him etc.
      Her answer was no, he never speaks nor comes to see her, say hi and ask how she is.
      I was at a meeting last night so I left my family with him.
      No food done by the time I came back which was after dark. The days are long now, aren’t they…
      My daughter stayed with me for a midnight feast in my room. We both fell asleep and she woke me up before midnight haha. Then she went back to her room. We laughed pas night.
      I tried to kiss my son, or give him a fist signal to say night night, he pushed me away, because his dad was there. He is a different boy when his father is not home. It’s rebuffing.
      What kind of dad doesn’t even try to say hi how are you today to his kids when back from work.
      Even my neighbour who had popped round for a cuppa tried to speak to him, it was awkward. She apologised for trying to talk to him after, saying she didn’t want to put me in a bad situation when he realised she was with me in …(particular room at home).
      He was cold, bland, off-putting. He took too long to answer her comments and questions, chit-chat.
      But when I think how he ignores his daughter…
      Weird bizare man 🙁

Herindoors
      Participant

My ex would do the same when he was still with us. He would pay her very little attention. He would say to me that she was in the way of us. He would want her to stay in her room so we could have the lounge to ourselves. She would avoid getting into discussions with him about anything (just normal stuff) as it would end up with him lecturing her. Each night she would kiss us both goodnight and he would barely acknowledge it.

Now he is gone she’s gets messages from another member of his family saying how much he loves her and misses her. Misses what exactly? All the quality time they spent together !?! And he has made no attempt to rebuild any bridges with her himself. Its all through this family member.

His family member wanted to ‘remind me of all the amazing things he did as a father’….but could not tell me what they were when I asked him to tell me.

Yes, weird bizare man!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content