Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      maddog
      Participant

Since my mum died, my ex has said nothing about her apart from Where’s the will? There was only a copy available for ages and ages and eventually it turned up with the people who had flatly denied keeping it.

He has badgered me relentlessly about the dogs. Every time he has taken them out he has caused trouble, no doubt relishing it. I told him enough was enough and he could at least wait until my mum was in the ground.

He phoned the funeral home which I thought was really creepy and I told a friend of mine that I’d found out. The home didn’t tell him as it is confidential. I reported him as I had no idea what he was planning. I wondered who else he might have phoned. Lo and behold it was said friend, who found it creepy as well and didn’t tell him. I’m sure he will deny everything if I mentioned it and I want no contact with him. I couldn’t tell the police that he’d been phoning my friends as well as I didn’t know. Yuck.

maddog
      Participant

I have told the police that he’s been contacting friends and family. They advised that I start a paper trail and tell him to stop it, so that’s what I have done. Hopefully when I have moved on physically he will stop. It’s all below the radar.

KIP.
      Participant

It’s also up to your friends and family to tell him to stop contacting them. It is awful and triggering when you hear they’re checking up on you. He may be looking for information regarding finances as I think that part may still be outstanding. Whatever his reason he has no right. Keep the paper trail and tell friends and family to do likewise x

maddog
      Participant

I really don’t see the connection between the burial of a box and financial information!!! Unfortunately neither my friends nor family are able to help so it’s just up to me. I have emailed him to tell him to leave me alone until at least when my mum is in the ground. I can only think that he wants to start his bully campaign again. He is tenacious.

maddog
      Participant

Thank you KIP for reminding me about triggering. I have been misbelieved by an old flaky friend. This comes on top of some truly anger-inducing conversations with my brother and a very over-protective male friend. I need to sound off with someone who actually understands! It’s difficult in real life when everyone is so busy.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content