Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Courage
      Participant

Was honestly great. We had a big self contained flat and just had to share washing machines. There was a playground in the gardens, an in door soft play area and weekly music groups for the kids. On top of that there was the weekly support from the key worker, the health visitor was helpful, referrals made by her for things like speech delay were rushed through because of where we were. Had a brief issue with one other resident but no big deal.

But the best thing, the freedom. The safety. I can’t describe how good it was.

I would definitely recommend it if you need it, if it’s suggested and you can get a place go.

Just don’t do what I did and go back after….it does not get better.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Courage,

Thank you for taking the time to share this positive experience of refuge with everyone on the forum. I’m sure it will really help some forum users who may be considering refuge.

I’m sorry to read that the abuse has continued since your return. Please try not to be too hard on yourself, it is understandable and natural to have wanted to give the relationship another chance and there are lots of reasons why you may have felt pressure to return.

Please remember you are able to seek refuge again if you need to and that you can call the helpline at any time.

Kind Regards,

Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content