Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi there, I know there’s already something up about being in a refuge but I found it all a bit confusing so I thought I would give my own take.
      I have stayed in a few refuges, both within the main refuge and in an annex. Being in the main refuge was really helpful because me and my lo were surrounded by people in the same situation.
      However, children seem to always pickup bad habits from each other and I found it a good idea not to get too close to the other ladies. Not because there was a drug problem or anything but just because you need a bit of space to make sense of your own problems.
      Annexes are good because you get a lot more independence but I think that as this comes with a lot less support, possibly not the best idea if you have just had to go into a refuge.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Freedoms,

Thank you for taking the time to give your experience of refuge, I’m sure it will be of help for women reading this forum who are considering refuge.

Kind Regards,

Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content