Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Angeltakemehome
      Participant

My first abusive partner was loving and sweet. Yet, his family used to scare me. His family was full of domestic violence and I felt the need to flee the first time I got with him. Even the day we got together I was not sure afterwards.

I was very shy and timid when I met him. I was scared to work, scared to get a job. (Detail removed by moderator). I used to be bullied in school. I was excluded and not liked. I was very quiet. One of my online friends said it was bullying to be honest. I think that’s where it comes from. My fear of working. Fear of being judged or disliked.

When I was with my ex-partner the 2nd time that’s when I recognised his abuse. He would say that domestic violence in his family, the woman deserves it or that his mum would hit his dad too. He would cut me off when we would get in an argument because I ‘Insulted him’. All I wanted was to get married to him and become a housewife. I never had had a job at this point.

I am not sure how to overcome this. I am due to be volunteering soon and I feel so nervous. I haven’t volunteered or worked for a while due to some personal issues that I was facing.

Please help everyone.

nbumblebee
      Participant

I go on about this all the time but volunteering has changed my life. Its different to working they are so grateful to you they treat you well they thank you and appreciate you and i think for women whove had a hard time that is priceless.
      Do it take a deep breatb and go for it.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content