Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Shipoffools
      Participant

Written about my feelings of ‘losing’ residency of my children mainly;

Freedom comes.

Emotional scars run deep like troughs along your heart, their memories pop into your mind like uninvited guests!!
      I try to keep mine boxed at the very back of my mind but sometimes they sneak out and play havoc!!

They overwhelm me and beat me up, heart in throat, can’t breathe, endless tears, stomach in knots…
      Guilt, shame, regret, frustration, anger…a heavy mix.

Sadness takes time to pass it must be acknowledged and accepted first, but freedom comes when we let it go and set it free…and thus ourselves.

Thank you for reading xx

It is a privedlge to read this poem. speaks to me many a time the fear I have lived with.
      thank you
      ftc
      x

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

What a beautiful poem, thank you for sharing, I recognise the emotional turmoil of all these feelings, they never seem to go away, they take turns, always there.
      Thanks for the hopeful end, I would love to be able to let go of my sadness. It is something I struggle with.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content