Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Chocolatebunnie
      Participant

He’s back the horrible man is back!

You know when you reach your limit with the world snd you are exhausted and don’t know how much more you can manage?

Whenever I get there he starts, it’s housework he can’t understand how I don’t find the time. He needs to walk in my shoes.

It’s always this he gets at me for. He sits down after work every day I bring him dinner he does nothing.

I’m a carer, I’ve younger children and I have been helping people one way or another all week including a member of his family I keep giving even when I’ve nothing left. He doesn’t see what I do

I know people argue but he could help, instead he’s moody and sulking and I can’t cope with him telling me what needs doing, I know what needs doing. When I ask him to do something to help he finds more reason to say why wasn’t it done so it’s no use asking.

The tension is horrible and I had chest pains so I thought he would understand.

My gut was right I felt this a few days ago and knew it was coming.

He doesn’t hurt me physically but this atmosphere when I am at my limit is nasty.

Happybelle
      Participant

Blimey – that sounds awful and more so when you know it’s coming and that when there’s no point in doing anything different. It’s housework for me that often triggers an argument as well as other things.
      I have more than one job and a decent career, farm animals to tend to away from home and I’m often oit for 12 hours a day. Yes it all gets a bit lx sometimes but when they not pick it’s not good.
      I’m no help here but just you’re not on you’re own x

Buildmeupbuttercup
      Participant

Dear Chocolatebunnie,

That sounds so stressful and tense, you must be absolutely exhausted. I had a similar thing with my ex but to a lesser degree than what you’ve been going through. He knows that what you do is hard work, that’s why he doesn’t do it himself. Also, it keeps you too busy to have anything or anyone in your life besides him.

Sending love xx

nbumblebee
      Participant

Ahhh CB I know your pain only too well. It happens again and again and always will until we can find the courage to fight back to claw back our life to leave and never look back. Sadly oh so sadly this is our life until then.
      CB you gotta find a way to get some help and advice to get yourself to a safe place. Even if for now its just advice just talking to someone can help you gain a little strength and day by day that strength will grow.
      It could take a week a month a year but you will start to learn that this is no way to live sweetie. Reach out again keep reaching out till you find a helping hand a listening ear to help ypu along the way.
      In the meantime you know where we are where I am xxxxx

Mamabrave
      Participant

You are so strong being a carer for everyone. You know what you do, don’t let his words sink in. I know what it feels like when you’re not appreciated and do so much. It’s hard. I believe at least God sees your good works. Also you can’t do everything, it’s just not possible.

My husband has to be asked to help me too most of the time. He does it angrily and slowly mostly. Taking 2/3 days to wash a pan. Recently I have decided, if he doesn’t help with washing up we will have more microwave food until he notices and appreciates home cooking.

Chocolatebunnie
      Participant

Thanks for the replies really helped reading them, to know someone else understands x

StrongLife
      Participant

Please check with the dr on chest pains. Try second opinion. Sorry this is happening- having children is full time work. Please keep your health in mind.

Chocolatebunnie
      Participant

Thanks Stronglife I will go see GP X

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content