Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Rosemary
      Participant

I stayed at my friend’s house for a while but things were not good from day one me and my children are physically and mentally worn out of my friends being horrible to my kids and my friends kids have issues with them shouting swearing being horrible to my children which has caused my children to go more stress out we had no sleep because of my friends kids causeing drama at night time. The man who lives in the house went mental and hit someing I now he was going to hit me he was trying to think his the dad to my children when he has nothing to do with them . He was shouting at my children caused one of my children to have panick attacks. it’s just been a nightmare so I geting somewhere elese to live .

I first of all ran away from my abusive controling aggressive relationship and now I’ve had to escape my so called friends house I just dont now how much more I can go thought life just be horrible for me .

gettingtired
      Participant

Hello Rosemary, this sounds terrible. These people do not sound like friends at all. Have you managed to find somewhere else for you to go temporarily? Sorry I don’t have much knowledge on housing but I know you and the children certainly don’t deserve to be further abused by others especially after everything you’ve been through x*x

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi rosemary it sounds awful getting out of an abusive situation and then ending up in a toxic household, people eventually show you who they are and it sounds like you’ve learned the hard way ,I don’t know your situation right now but I hope it’s a huge improvement on the last two ,this is my 2nd forum ( the other one is a health one) but between these two forums I’ve connected with some really really nice people and even though it’s not in person I’d still prefer it to the people I used to know (toxic damaging some slightly evil) you and your children are your main priority now if people are hurting you or your children in any way on a regular basis ,cut them out give no more chances .

Rosemary
      Participant

Hello gettingtired

Thank you for careing I am waiting to find a temporary place to stay this is so stressful I cant believe what I am going thought an abusive relationship and my friends her husband was aggressive and puch the door one of children was there when he done this why can people be so horrible I’ve been thought alot at the moment then I have friends who can be so horrible.

Rosemary
      Participant

Hello Auriel

Thank you for comeing forward to me it’s not nice that this family is toxic . I did not even think that my friend would be even like this I am so glade to get away from my friends because it was affecting me and my children staying there.

ISOPeace
      Participant

Rosemary I’m really sorry to hear that you’ve experienced this on top of everything else. I think it shows how common it is for abusive behaviour to be considered normal. Sadly I just don’t think anyone can have a proper relationship (friendship or intimate) with somebody who thinks abuse is ok. Abusive people violate boundaries when it suits them and the closer you get to them the more likely they’ll do it to you.

I really hope you find somewhere soon. You deserve some stability and to feel safe. Sending love xxxx

Anonymous
        Inactive

Rosemary there’s no need to thank it’s human to care anything other than other than that isn’t ,I’ve been wondering if your friend may also be in an abusive relationship as toxicity usually ends up effecting the whole household , either way , you should feel safe, you should feel happy, these are your natural rights I hope for an extremely deserved better future for you and your children 💗💗💗

Rosemary
      Participant

Thank you ISOPEACE
      For careing it’s so true what you are saying I deserve some light at the end of the tunnel I cant believe I’ve been thought more abusive me and my children my friends her husband I think he has anger issues if he can just get annoyed quickly and puch a door then he has a problem.i thought my friends were really nice to take us in but it has been a nightmare we just been thought a similar things with my ex partner its heart breaking my friends are causeing problems still which gets me down its just a never ending story .

Thank you for careing it means alot to me

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content