Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      teatime
      Participant

I am threatened with extremely likely redundancy and homelessness as I live and work for a a rather odd community. I have been here a VERY long time. I lost all my money I earned when I was young when I divorced the abuser I had mistakenly married.I have been in contact with Shelter and quite honestly they were as much help as a chocolate teapot. I was assigned someone to help me and advise me and she said she would keep me informed and check on my progress. She sounded like she really cared… however I did what she suggested ( more going round in circles), heard nothing more and then she wrote saying ‘case closed’.
      Meanwhile I have been undergoing an awful situation ( cannot go into details) but bullying in workplace, coercion to leave of my own volition, and almost non existent redundancy package.
      I have been awfully ill with colitis and also in severe pain ( have a chronic painful condition) and am doubtful will find suitable work as am getting old now. My employers suggest I work on a checkout and jolly hurry up and get a job in a supermarket ( Not a skills match and very weird to keep
      going on )… they make no suggestion of where I may live.. they don’t care at all.
      I reside with someone I do not have a full relationship with. We are friends.This person is caring and kind but not very able in many ways… also cannot go into much detail.
      Kind of struggle on together..
      Horrible things keep happening… my elderly Mum is being bullied, I’d call it abuse. I got verbally attacked whilst in my car by some mad woman who kept coming up to me saying I was in her way…I was stuck on ared light and could not move… my friend just sat there and didn’t even take the registration and looked terrified… so not much support there.Kind but not very brave.
      I feel afraid and alone. I was seeing a man for about a year but he was clearly very ill and eventually he passed away. I mourn him very much. I lost my best friend over it due to her sadistic remarks about it.
      I have survived and escaped two abusive relationships. I no longer trust anyone which is the worst thing.
      My family are distant and also have sad hard lives. I feel like a freak to be honest.
      Am I cursed?
      Why am I such a plank? Why am I so disabled? I am on really strong meds for my stomach and I am very scared about that too and they are making me even more overweight.
      All I ever wanted was to get married and have a kind loving life and maybe a couple of cats as I could not have children, I love children…I wish I hadn’t been abused, it has damaged me.
      My husband was cruel, controlling and violent. He now has a nice life as far as I can make out… I fell in love with another man who was very violent as it turned out and nearly killed me, stalked me and caused trouble in my other workplace.
      Sorry for the long post.

teatime
      Participant

Sorry about the long post. I know so many of you also have hard hard lives, please forgive me. x

Suntree
      Participant

You have so much coming at you. I just want to send some hugs x

teatime
      Participant

thank you… I am truly frightened and sad. I have tried to remain a good person and help others because I noticed I was flying off the handle a lot. This isn’t like me so I really try not to.

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

Hi teatime,

I’m sorry to hear what a hard time you are having. I know how it feels when everything doesn’t seem to be going your way. Take some deep breaths, take a few days to relax if you can and look after yourself, then you could write up a plan of action to help you decide next steps. Maybe if you got in touch with shelter again they could help you with this? It sounds disappointing what happened with them.

Put self care as your number one priority (lots of sleep, rest, gentle exercise, baths etc. It makes all the difference and gives us the strength to handle lifes difficulties).

I too am looking for work and it can be very disheartening, however I am trying to keep hopeful something decent will turn up and give me a fresh start.

I have to go now but just wanted to write a quick solidarity post, keep going.

teatime
      Participant

Thank you for your very kind words, it does all help believe me xx

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content