Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      CutieSunshine
      Participant

last night I kept dreaming of my ex, that I wanted to contact him, I woke up and fell back to sleep many times and continued to dream that he was nasty to me . now I feel like I haven’t slept .. I really wish there was medicine to make you forget all the really bad stuff .

Confused123
      Participant

HI Hun

I think its how your body is processign the abuse,i too have nightmares or dream about ex , try and take it easy it will get better slowly, i have being sleeping early all weeks just to avoid dreams or knowing my sleep willbe distrupted , it does get better

godschild
      Participant

Dreams are the sub concious way of us proccesing feelings that are hard to cope with I bleieve. I was getting repeated dreams last year night after night of my husband being so nasty to me. even in the times when was being “nicer ” they kept happening, its like my subconcious was telling me how bad it really was, when I tried to minimise or not address it fully, after weeks of abuse I have realised how bad it is, so my subconcious I feel was tryng to alert me of the feelings that needed dealing with

CutieSunshine
      Participant

it seems to be all i can think about even when i am at work.. i just start day dreaming then realise i am at work and the time has just gone but that’s what i needed to hear that it does get better thank you confused123

CutieSunshine
      Participant

the similar thing happened to me godchild , even when he was being nice to me i would dream that i was in lots of distress as he had gone from my life and this was because he would always make be beg to be in his life like i was unworthy of him because he was too good for me.

mixed-up mum
      Participant

I had a dream the other night and for the first time it was in the present – I was up at his house dropping my son off – any times he’s been in my dreams previously its been of times in the past, when we were together, now though I actually dreamt of us apart, as a separated couple, seems my mind is finally processing everything and accepted its over, (although my waking mind accepted that long ago) and I am now a person in my own right.

I hate him being in my dreams, not that it’s usually ‘nightmares’ I get, but I just don’t want him being a part of my life – even in my dreams – but we can’t control what we dream……

Ayanna
      Participant

I have horrible nightmares. Last night I did not sleep at all. I was too scared. During the days I have flashbacks. It is a while now, but this does not go away. Recently these nightmares and flashbacks intensified again. That happened probably because I got a letter from the court.

CutieSunshine
      Participant

Oh dear, it’s upsets me to think of the damage these men have done us. I dreamt about him again last night . I am starting the antidepressants today so I hoping they relax my mind a bit and I don’t dream so much xx

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content