Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      TC
      Participant

Hi I’m sorry I am new to all this but when you are not believed and then you get the family grief. What do you do?

KIP.
      Participant

Find people who do believe you. I believe you. Have you spoken to women’s aid? There’s also the national domestic abuse helpline which is great and available 24/7. You’re not an idiot x

TC
        Participant

Thank you for replying. I don’t even know where it all came from. I have spoken to women’s aid but I cannot pursue anything. I have to do what our families want/believe

Sleepypigeon
      Participant

Hi, I just wanted to say hi, glad you posted and I believe you. I no how u feel as I recently left after a lightbulb moment, and can’t believe I didn’t see what was happening. If like me the ex is very good at coming across to the outside world as Mr perfect then I also get how people will not understand or u feel they don’t believe u. Please reach out to WA and speak to someone they are kind and will listen x

Darcy
      Participant

Hi my beautiful angel …
      Firstly please change your user name … what are you saying about yourself by using that name … you are not an idiot so don’t put that out there into the world.
      You are a beautiful angel
      Believe yourself … that is all you have to do. Trust and believe in yourself. If people don’t believe you that is their issue not yours.
      As long as you are believing in yourself you will start to find others that believe in you … like us on the forum
      Sending you love and support
      Darcy xx

TC
      Participant

What could I change it to? It’s accurate. I don’t think I can believe in myself anymore and I can’t trust anyone

Darcy
      Participant

My darling change it to … ‘wonderful me’, ‘i am the best’, ‘gorgeous’,
      anything positive
      You have to have hope and anyway you can weave this into your life, do it. Even if that means just calling yourself a positive name on here.
      If you don’t feel it yet, ‘fake it til you make it’
      You won’t start to trust anyone until you can trust yourself from the inside. So start to dig a bit deeper and get to know yourself and why you can’t trust yourself
      Start thinking of a better life and the life you deserve.
      Even the smallest thought can spark a positive change and get the wheels in motion my darling
      You’re only other option is to stay as you are and by the sounds of that, that hasn’t been working for you… you deserve more
      D xx

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for posting. I hope you find the forum a safe and supportive place to be with others who understand how you are feeling and what you are going through.

If you feel like you are in need of some additional support, you could chat to a Women’s Aid worker in confidence via our Live Chat service (weekdays 10am – 4pm and 10am – 12pm weekends). They won’t tell you what to do, but can discuss your situation and signpost you to other support that’s relevant for you. You can access the chat service here: https://chat.womensaid.org.uk/

If you would like to change your username then please do let me know. You are worth so much more, there is support here for you.

Keep posting to us when you can.

Best wishes,

Lisa
      Forum Moderator

Nikita
      Participant

Hello sweetheart:) You’re no idiot and I suppose we all here know that because you are right here talking to us. It takes courage. It’s my first day on here and I’m terrified because I’m not sure what to say, in the fear of not being believed.

Enough about me though, never let anyone tell you that you’re an idiot. Whatever you feel, it’s real and no one has the right to deny it xx

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content