Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

I’m away with family, seeing all the people I love – many of whom.I’ve not.seen in months, some over a year due to being in refuge and subsequently beung rehoused far away.

But today I’m struggling…i think i’m jealous of a relative? We both are sporting new hairstyles but mine isn’t mentioned.whereas hers is gushed.over by everyone (stupid.really that it even bothers me) but the thing that’s stuck me most is that her new partner is the topic of conversation – he spent xmas with us which was lovely, he’s really nice but I just wish someone would say to me that I’m looking great and looking happy and looking well because.of all the immense changes in my life… but instead its.all said to this relative because she has a new partner.
      It’s ricidulous to feel overlooked really but I do – especially by those who i’ve not seen in such long time.

And it’s all made me realise.how much i miss my.family.and miss my old life now that I have an.entirely new life. I’m shattered.which doesn’t help and anxious at being back in the same town as my perp…perhaps.I’m being oversensitive and perhaps that’s why.

X

Hopesprings
      Participant

I get what you mean. Sometimes it would be nice for people to just reinforce all the good things you’ve been trying so hard to put into place for yourself.

Maybe they feel she needs the compliments more? As you’re seeming so much stronger and more comfortable in yourself? Just a suggestion.

Thank you for replying to me HopeSprings, I feel alot better today so perhaps it was a blip due to my tiredness and feeling a bit low…?
      But yes,it would be nice sometimes, especiallt when you’ve not seen someone in ages. Everyone keeps nagging me to get back on social media aswell…is there ever a right time?

Falling Skys
      Participant

I am glad your feeling better today xx

No right or wrong time with social media, if your happy without being on it don’t go back. I play game, my abuse isn’t on it so I dont have that to contend with.

Thank you.

My abuser is… and he’s got many different profiles under various names, some his and some not his. So I don’t know about that. How was everyones Christmases? Safe, I hope and pray. Xx

Falling Skys
      Participant

Best stay off for the time being.

Mine been good, but I have been sent to Coventry by my son, thanks to his dad my abuser.

Hopesprings
      Participant

Glad you’re feeling better. To be honest I wish I was strong enough to completely delete social media if you can be without it then do!

My Christmas was quiet. I worked 2 13 hour shift on Christmas Day and Boxing Day and just chilled at home myself. Got a little emotional speaking to my dad on the phone but all in all had a happy Christmas without the ex.

Ohh why sent away FallenSky?

Am glad it’s been a safe Christmas though, Hopesprings I’m pleased you had a happy time!

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi LBP

Sent to Coventry means they won’t speak or acknowledge you.

I must be from a different generation than you xx

Oh dear :/ that’s awful. Sending big hugs xx

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content