Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      backtome
      Participant

It’s (detail removed by Moderator), I’m in work, I was feeling pretty awful this morning because the ‘get out date’ is getting closer.

I received a package to work with cupcakes, turns out my amazing sister sent me them, she’d got my work address from my boss.

As if that wasn’t enough, an hour later some amazing balloons and a gorgeous smelling plant turned up, also from her.

It’s really cheered me up during this stressful time so I just wanted to post and appreciate how much I love my sister and how supported I feel by her. x

anna
      Participant

oh thats so lovely. its so nice in this difficult time when you will be very stressed about that upcoming date that your sister would surprise you in such a lovely way. And like you say its the emotional support that is the great thing.
      I have a lovely sis in law that is nice like that too. Hurray for lovely sisters!!!! Have a fab rest of the day and enjoy those cupcakes!!!!!!

Tiffany
      Participant

My sister was a rock when I left too. Which was lovely as my delightful ex had spent a lot of time convincing me that she found me irritating and that he had a better relationship with her than I did and that they talked about me behind my back. They didn’t of course, and I am so glad my relationship with her was strengthened not spoiled by him.

Amaguq
      Participant

How lovely 🙂
      I had very little contact with my sister’s when I was with him, I stupidly believed his lies.
      It is so wonderful to be close to them again 🙂 xx

Janedoeissad
      Participant

Awww that’s really lovely, my sister is my rock too. She is my light when there is sometimes only dark.

I would have had to go to the toilet for a cry! lol!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content