Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      betterdays
      Participant

To me that when his dad has been on the scene basically when I’ve had my blips his hand has been shaking even more and worse too at school. So I guess it’s best I keep him totally away from him. What a statement a hurtful one aswell. X

My son (the one who witnessed the strangling) comes and sits on the kitchen floor as his dad behaves like his usual, answering contradictory remarks etc. I think he sits there just in case…
      The first thing that happens to me at times like that is my own hands shake. Sometimes my legs.
      My children show anxiety and fear.
      I walk away from the gas lighting, he now swears at me soon into conversations and becomes angry, bashes things or throws thi gs or revs his engine.
      When I arrived at the refuge, my hands and my legs couldn’t stop shaking for days. I could barely hold a pen to sign all the documentation the dv lady showed me.
      Keep your son away from him. It is difficult to hear what our kids have to say. It’s painful to know what they feel and go through.
      Hugs to you. BJ

Confused123
      Participant

hi hUN

This is such a massive positive step for your son , yes def keep him away and continue to get support for yourself and your son

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content